Looking for a sweet summertime treat that is quick and easy? We’re sharing our favorite blueberry cobbler recipe, just in time for your summer cookouts!
What You’ll Need
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 1 cup of sugar of your choice
- 1 cup of milk
- 1-2 tsp. of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2-3 cups of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wash and drain your blueberries.
- Put one stick of butter in a casserole dish. We recommend using a 9×13″ glass dish.
- Place the dish in the preheating oven to melt the butter.
- While it melts, in a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and milk. The batter will be runny, so don’t fear!
- Carefully remove the hot dish from the oven and then tilt the dish in all directions slightly, so the butter has coated the bottom and about halfway up the sides.
- After the butter is coated evenly, pour the batter into the dish.
- Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over the entire dish. (The batter will rise up through the berries as it bakes.)
- Bake until golden brown for approximately 30-40 minutes.
Enjoy this cobbler on its own or add a scoop (or two) of vanilla ice cream for a sweet summer treat. This is the perfect dessert for any of your summer cookouts or holidays! Add in some strawberries or raspberries for a patriotic flair.