Are you looking for a new career? Ward’s Supermarket is frequently looking to fill a variety of positions around the store.
- Cashier (Full-Time)
This role requires you to operate the cash register to itemize and total customer’s purchases.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Total purchases on the cash register.
- Review price change sheets and note sale items.
- Collect cash, check or charge payment from the customer.
- Use an electronic scanner.
- Record transaction amounts and balance the cash drawer.
- Weigh items and bag merchandise.
- Clean register and work area.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs.
Physical Requirements (not a complete list):
The associate needs to be able to stand on their feet for an 8-hour shift (or more). The need to be able to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Be able to hear and communicate verbally with customers. Must be able to work varied hours/days as business dictates. Be able to work in a busy fast-paced customer-oriented, retail environment. Be able to tolerate changes in temperature.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply, download, print, and fill out our application then upload it to the form below. We also have paper copies of the application available at our Customer Service Counter.