Are you looking for a new career? Ward’s Supermarket is frequently looking to fill a variety of positions around the store.
- Cashier (Full-Time & Part-Time)
- Natural Foods Stock Associate (Full-Time)
- Bagger (Full-Time)
- Meat Cutter (Full-Time)
- Assistant Meat Department Manager (Full-Time)
This role requires you to operate the cash register to itemize and total customer’s purchases.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Total purchases on the cash register.
- Review price change sheets and note sale items.
- Collect cash, check or charge payment from the customer.
- Use an electronic scanner.
- Record transaction amounts and balance the cash drawer.
- Weigh items and bag merchandise.
- Clean register and work area.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs.
Physical Requirements (not a complete list):
The associate needs to be able to stand on their feet for an 8-hour shift (or more). The need to be able to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Be able to hear and communicate verbally with customers. Must be able to work varied hours/days as business dictates. Be able to work in a busy fast-paced customer-oriented, retail environment. Be able to tolerate changes in temperature.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Natural Foods Stock Associate
The applicant needs to be able to work in a fast-paced crowded environment. Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are a must. Applicants must be able to work the week prior to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Must be available to work on a weekend day. Prior stocking experience is helpful but will train. Applicants must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., crouch to stock low shelving, climb a stepladder, and tolerate temperature fluctuations. DFWP/EEOC.
Meat Butcher/Meat Counter
A Meat Butcher/Meat Counter person is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service and ensuring that the meat, poultry, pork and seafood cases are well stocked and pleasingly presented.
May be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Responsible for receiving, storing, wrapping, weighing, pricing, merchandising and rotation of meat department products.
- Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats to portion and prepare meats, seafood, poultry and pork in cooking form.
- Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce to cooking cuts such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
- Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings.
- Operates and tends electric grinder to grind meat.
- Operates meat wrapping equipment to prepare meat products for display and sale.
- Responsible for rotating and stocking meat cases to ensure top quality and appropriate variety of meat products to meet customer demands.
- Responsible for maintaining meat department in a clean and sanitary condition, per standards.
- Responsible for following all posted dress and grooming standards, including no beards, and must wear hat, hair net, hair in pony tail and gloves when packing ready to eat items.
- Regular use of knives, meat cutters, saws, skewer, meat grinder, cleavers, band saw and scales.
- Customer service – manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs.
- Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time; commits to long hours of work when necessary (8 or more hours) standing on their feet.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work Environment: Employee spends time in the back stock cooler (40 degrees) and freezer (negative 20 degrees).
Asstistant Manager for Meat Department
An assistant manager for our meat department should have at least two years experience with retail meat cutting/butcher experience. Immediate opening. Saiary based on experience will be discussed at interview. Medical, dental and vision insurance available. Paid vacation and personal time off also available.
See Meat Cutter/Butcher description for responsibilities, competencies, and requirements.
To apply, download, print, and fill out our application then upload it to the form below. We also have paper copies of the application available at our Customer Service Counter.