Are you looking for a new career? Ward’s Supermarket is frequently looking to fill a variety of positions around the store.
- Grocery Store Clerk (Full-Time)
- Natural Foods Stock Clerk (Full-Time or Part-Time)
- Meat Department Manager (Full-Time)
- Produce Clerk (Full-Time)
- Meat Butcher/Cutter (Full-Time)
Grocery Store Clerk
Inventories, stores, prices, and restocks merchandise displays in grocery store by performing the following duties:
- Customer Service – manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Receives, opens and unpacks cartons or crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received.
- Stock groceries, dairy and frozen items in front of the correct price tags. If there is not a price tag, you will be responsible for making the appropriate tag; putting new products in our scanning system which includes the operation of a falcon and basic computer understanding.
- Keep shelves stocked and rotated.
- Sets up advertising signs and displays merchandise on shelves, counters or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- Cleans display cases, shelves and isles.
Meat Department Manager
Ward’s Supermarket Inc. is a 4th generation owned grocery store in Gainesville, Florida. We are seeking an experienced retail grocery Meat Manager who is dependable, highly motivated, able to supervise and lead associates in a high-volume environment. (Full–Time)
- Average Hours: 50+ per week
- Starting Wage: Will be discussed at Interview
- Experience: Meat (5 years Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gainesville, FL 32609: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Obtain or prepare food items requested by customers in retail food store by performing the following duties:
- Customer Services – manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to request for service and assistance.
- Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Fills customer order by obtaining items from shelves, freezers, coolers, bins, tables, or containers.
- Cleans shelves, bins, tables, and coolers.
- Stamps, marks or tags price on merchandise.
- Sets up displays and stocks shelves, coolers, counter, bins, tables, freezers, containers, or trays with new merchandise.
- Knowledge on using pallet jacks and forklift (license required). Break down pallets, unload trucks and make sure the products are in the proper place; keeping product rotated in the coolers and backroom; Keep coolers clean such as: moving pallets, cleaning cooler floors, cleaning cooler walls, etc.; empty garbage bins out back into dumpsters; putting away supplies that are delivered; use bailer; answer phone calls.
- Ability to use knives; wash equipment such as knives, trays, cutting surfaces, keep area clean.
- Use bailer, answer phone calls, clean and mop backroom floors, go to shed to get supplies for their duties.
- Filling products on sales floor; rotating product on sales floor; picking up anything that has fallen on the floor, whether in cooler or on sales floor, sweeping and mopping as needed, operate and pull float/cart, clean cases; greet and assist customers as needed and answer phone calls.
Meat Butcher (Cutter, Service Counter)
As a meat department associate, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the meat, poultry, pork and seafood cases are well stocked and pleasingly presented with fresh, high-quality products for store customers and to support the company’s vision.
- Cuts, trims, bones carcass, ties and grinds meats to portion and prepare meats, seafood, poultry and pork in cooking form
- Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings
- Operates and tends electric grinder to grind meat
- Operates meat wrapping equipment to prepare products for display and sale
- Regular use of knives, meat cutters, saws, skewer, meat grinder, cleavers, band saw and scales
- Receives, inspects and stores meat, as well as wrapping, weighing, pricing
- Responsible for rotating and stocking meat cases to ensure top quality and appropriate variety of meat products to meet customer demands
- Responsible for maintaining the meat cases in a clean and organized manner
- Responsible for maintaining meat department in a clean and sanitary condition
- Responsible for following all posted dress and grooming standards, including no beards, and must wear hat, hair net, hair in pony tail and gloves when packing ready to eat items.
- Provide exceptional customer service, assisting customers
- Participate in taking inventory counts according to guidelines and monitoring inventory for
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or General Education Degree (GED)
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred
- Experience with Food Safety Handling
Benefits for Eligible Employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- Paid time off
To apply, download, print, and fill out our application then upload it to the form below. We also have paper copies of the application available at our Customer Service Counter.
After filling out the form, get to know more about us! Check out our Facebook or read our story.
Ward’s Supermarket, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon Ward’s Supermarket’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.