Summer heat got you feeling down? Sip away while you soak up the sun – Ward’s has the best drinks and recipe ideas to last you all season! Whether you’re looking for alcoholic beverages or more family-friendly options, we’ve got you covered.
Mix Things Up
If you’re looking to shake things up with some new drink recipes this season, look no further! Sure, sipping on some craft beer or organic wines from our vast selection is always a great choice, but these fun cocktails add a festive flair to the long summer days. For these tasty drink recipes, all you need are ingredients easily found in our store.
- Next time you shop, pick up a bottle of dry red wine to make our favorite red sangria. Made with only a few ingredients like seasonal fruits and optional brandy, this classic sangria is quick and easy to make.
- Looking for something a bit more delicate and refreshing? This mint citrus white wine sangria requires a dry white wine like Vinho Verde, Sauvignon Blanc, or Pinot Grigio. Add some lime, lemon, and simple syrup, then top with some mint fresh from our selection of live herbs and violà – that’s it!
- If you’d prefer a wine-free cocktail, grab your favorite wheat beer or light lager from Ward’s to make a lemon summer shandy. The shandy is the ideal summertime drink, made by mixing equal parts beer with lemonade that results in a drink with less alcohol content than others.
- Skinny cocktails like wine spritzers make great options for those watching their calorie or carb intakes. Mix equal parts wine with club soda to create a lighter beverage. Which wines are best? We recommend a Pinot Grigio or a Riesling, but you can also use a Rose, Merlot, or Chardonnay instead.
- Ever heard of a strawberry mimosa? Blend together strawberries and oranges until smooth then pour over champagne to create the perfect twist on a well-loved classic. Garnish with fresh strawberries or oranges to perfect the look!
Who says legal drinking age grownups get to have all the fun? Get the whole family involved in creating tasty new drinks for summer! Our fresh juices make great smoothies, juices, and more.
- Check out this delicious strawberry banana smoothie recipe – this one takes only 5 minutes to make. Kids and adults alike are sure to enjoy this tried and true recipe. Add special garnishes like edible flowers, herbs, or slices of fruit to jazz it up!
- Having a celebration? Whip up a fun gummy bear mocktail using sparkling apple cider, gummy bears, and granulated sugar for the kids. Serve with a fun straw or in a champagne flute for extra kicks and giggles.
- Dreaming of a tropical getaway? Take your tastebuds on a trip to the tropics with this pineapple smoothie made with pineapple, mango, and banana. Don’t throw away the rest of that pineapple – serve your smoothie in a pineapple “cup” for the ultimate Hawaiian experience.
No Prep Needed
Ward’s offers an impressive selection of hand-selected beers to fit every taste and budget. Check out our go-to guide to beer if you’re needing help finding your new favorites. If wine is more your thing, you may enjoy our popular Certified Organic wines or selection of wines for $5 or less.
Don’t forget about our freshly squeezed juices! Made with locally sourced citrus, Ward’s offers the freshest and most ripe juice for your convenience.
Summer Is Better at Ward’s
Summertime is the perfect time to grab all you need to make fun, flavorful drinks. No matter your flavor or preference, we have something for everyone. Before you head to the store, make sure to check our weekly specials for the best deals on fresh, local produce for your family.